Thursday, July 21, 2005

What they call "hiking"

My friend Shirley turned 22, so we went for a morning hike to have a birthday Breakfast. From left-Yours truly, Sabrina, Shirley, and Sister Lyon. Preparing for our "hike" to Heublein Tower.
A picture of the trail we walked along. It was beautiful up there.
Once we got to the top of the mountain, it was beautiful. You could see the whole valley. This was also the first time I've seen the sun since I've been in Connecticut. It's always overcast.
Squiggles the frog. We found him on our way up.
Sister Lyon said I had to get a picture of her being brave and holding the frog.
This area of the mountain was gorgeous. It looked like something that came out of a fairy tale. This large rock we were standing on had a tree root going all through it. It was beautiful.
A better picture of the roots.
This is my "pro photo" The effect of the sun coming through the trees made me proud of my photography skills.
This was the beautiful birthday cake provided by Elder and Sister Lyon. It's the most creative cake I've ever seen. I loved it, and it was delicious.
I really need to start rotating my pictures on my camera before I put them on the computer. I know I could rotate them on the computer, I just haven't figured out how yet. Anyway, this is Heublein Tower. It was built a long time ago as a summer home by some rich guy, and there's a chair in there where it is said either Eisenhower or Hoover (I don't remember) sat when they asked him to run for President.

A cute little racoon frog on the left, and and interesting dragonfly. If you look really close, you'll notice the dragonfly has square wings. I thought it was cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Even it's like a whole new world out there, a hundred thousand things to see. Man, I bet you feel like a shooting star - you've gone so far! It'll be hard to go back to where you used to be. Every turn a surprise, every moment getting better...