Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Today is my 3rd year anniversary from the day I first posted, and thus created, this blog you are on right now. I can't believe I've been blogging for 3 years now! 3 years ago, my life really started. Though its slowed down, and settled down, it has been the best 3 years of my life. From moving across the country (twice) to being with the best family both in Utah and Connecticut, to meeting some of the best people that walk this earth, to meeting my husband and marrying my eternal best friend. I've gone into the archives and looked at all that has happened to me, and it's truly been a journey. I've learned, I've grown, and I've loved in ways I never thought possible. Happy Anniversary. That'll do, blog. That'll do.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Currently, I am eating the raspberry and some of the left over blueberry ice cream from last week. The week before, we enjoyed blueberry and mint chocolate chip- with mint leaves fresh from Leah's garden! We've tried the mint before, but it's one of my favorite flavors, so we do make that one more frequently.
My camera broke, or else I would post pictures of these yummy treats. Among all the flavors we've tried:
- Double-chocolate (too rich for me. Needs a swirl of marshmallow or something. Next time, we'll be making it into rocky road)
- Mint-Chocolate Chip (I also enjoyed Leah's soy version with oreo cookies in it)
- Blackberry Sorbet
- Triple Berry Sorbet
- Avocado (I highly don't recommend this one. It leaves a...texture...in your mouth)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato (Thanks again Wieses!)
- Blueberries and Cream
- White Chocolate
- Caramel (and yes, the caramel is homemade too)
- Pumpkin (very very tasty. Made from a pumpkin in my mother's garden)
- Once attempted Country Peach, but that one didn't work out due to reasons beyond my control, and I'm still too upset to make that one again.
So if this is baby weight you think I've been gaining, you're sadly mistaken. Thanks again, Steinbergs. The ice cream maker and Williams-Sonoma recipe book are some of the most used wedding presents we got. Thanks Leah and Mom for sharing your garden. Fresh ingredients are always the best. And boy, ice cream makes me happy!
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Thursday, July 03, 2008
SO glad we avoided that one! The police have said how very lucky we are because most calls they get is about 2 months after everything is said and done and after the innocent are screwed over. We're very lucky we caught it before anything devastating happened. And did you know the police get this call like 5 times a month just in this city alone!? Isn't that crazy? It makes me very sick that people can just take advantage of good, honest, hard working people like that. Luckily since we nabbed it before it got us, and have the shippers info, the police have a really good lead. They said usually the shipper is in on it too.
I think the Lord watches over us more than we realize.