Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Winner

This was the winner of the centerpiece contest. As you can tell, the judges obviously don't appreciate originality and creativity, but only store bought arrangments.....I'm not bitter.....

Lemme explain this centerpiece a bit. The title says When the sun goes down at AIMHI. It has calender spots for ever day and they displayed what we did every night. The first night was Happy Hour, where they served spiked punch (very different party for a small town Mormon girl) and we socialized and got to know each other. The second night some guy (i don't remember his name) came and sang on his guitar. The third night was the "Teen Beach Party" but it actually ended up me and a large group of tweens. I tell ya I felt cool to the max that night. We ended up telling ghost stories, and a lot of the kids had to sleep with their parents that night. (The parents weren't very happy with me the next morning at breakfast). Tuesday night was bingo. Bonnie got bingo once, so that was fun. That square with all the flames was the night Flamin' Ramon and his wife Sizzlin' Suzan came. I was under the impression he was a dj and we'd get to shake our thangs. Not so. He played lots of cheesy songs (including the macarena) and we get to do lots of kids dance songs etc. The kids liked it though. Thursday night was the talent show. On this centerpiece they have a like a kelly doll american idol thing going on. Not original at all....I'm not bitter....Friday night was the lobster bake. I tried clams for the first time. It's not something I can see myself eating ever again. I also thought I liked lobster, but I changed my mind. Don't ask.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This centerpiece blows. I happen to have insider information that these people paid the judges to give them first prize because they were so jealous of your centerpiece.

Also, one night I thought I'd make a fancy romantic dinner for dylan and I with some garlic potatoes, steamed asparagus, and lobster tails. When I took a bite of lobster I spit it out immediately and it went flying onto Dylan's plate and I was making gagging noises with watery eyes. It's DISGUSTING! Good thing we were already married.

Anonymous said...

Brian only had to lie down with me to settle in. He thinks you are the best scary story teller ever. Thanks for being so great with the kids and a very fun and interesting person. You made the week more fun for all of us...Jane (Melanie and Brian's mom)