Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ode to Jean

Jean Isabel from back home passed away last week. The world is a worse off place without her.

All her life, Jean had been in a wheel chair. She didn't have the muscle to mover herself. Some would say she was helpless. I wouldn't.

All my life I thought visiting her and helping her was doing her the favor. I only just realized I was completely wrong. It was I who was being most rewarded.

The stories of her life were so intriguing-so inspirational. She often wrote to celebrities, such as Marilyn Monroe, who often wrote back. She had letters and autographed pictures of almost every US president in her lifetime. She even learned braille so she could write Hellen Keller. She was truly outstanding.

Jean always had a story, always had something to share, always had a smile. She was confined to a wheelchair, because her spirit was too great for her body.

May you rest in peace, Jean. Your presence will be soarly missed on this earth. I will come and dance with you in heaven someday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your soo freaking sweet. She was a very sweet lady, I didn't know her as well as you did but she was always very happy. I love you so much and im glad we are sisters. :)

Ella

Leah said...

Who is that anonymous post from? Anyways, I am the one who is glad that we are sisters. I remember pushing Jean around a restaurant once, and she liked to bump into tables on occasion just to startle people. I'll never forget her funny, whispy little chuckle once she got 10 feet away from the table. I'll miss her, too.

Miranda W. said...

Haha. I love that woman. That anonymous was from Ella Rock. You remember her. She was my other half growing up.