Monday, May 29, 2006

Sacrament Meeting

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to announce that in church yesterday, there was a visitor. "Who could be important enough to visit church and have Miranda post it on her blog?" you ask. Well, let me just tell you! It was President Thomas S. Monson! That's right! First counselor to President Hinckley!

Appearantly his grandaughter lives in this area, and also he had a bit of business in a neighboring city, so he came out for memorial day weekend.

He spoke in sacrament meeting. It was so amazing! I couldn't believe he was speaking in my chapel! His daughter also spoke. Sacrament meeting went rather long. He spoke almost an hour just by himself, but I was fine with that. It was wonderful!

I was sitting near the aisle when he walked in. He shook Elder and Sister Phippens hands, as I stood next to them, but didn't shake mine. Elder and Sister P. had to leave a bit early for other meetings, so I then got the very aisle. Once again, he walked by me without a handshake. As Nathan, Katie A., and I were leaving, Nate wanted to talk to Elder Poole (who baptized him about a year ago). Elder Poole, unknown to us, was standing next to President Monson's rental car. President Monson came out with his family and body guards and walked past us, kind of glanced at us, and walked towards his car. He stopped just before he got in, turned around, and shook my hand. Then he talked to us briefly. It was so awesome!

Three apostles down, nine more to go!

6 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

that's so exciting! Darrell, my fiance, served a mission with Pres. Monsen's grandson, so he met him a few times.

Miranda W. said...

Lol Janell. You're so funny. We all know who Darrell is. You just like to say fiance.

Janell R. Cropper said...

What, you know who Darrell, my fiance, is? Golly, that's amazing! But I think you're right, I do like to say it! 9 times!

Garlic Boy said...

This is, by far, your best post this week.

Miranda W. said...

Yeah. You're jealous.

Kate Felt, MA. MFT said...

i am jealous
darn