Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My legs

I decided to wander through some poison oak. My legs and right hand swelled up pretty bad. I counted 130 bumps after a few days. 68 on my left, 62 on my right leg. The best part? NOBODY in camp had any anti-itch cream. So I tried not to itch for 3 days. I didn't sleep at all at night. They hurt so bad. They just throbbed and itched. Niagra falls was painful. The Pageant was painful. The sacred grove was...not so bad because I was in a skirt. But, I still had fun. And I'm glad it's long since over.

Once I got home, I found the best thing to remedy my legs was lotsa cream and two pairs of tight, high socks.

4 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

That's what I was thinking...

Toast Habit said...

I don't think I have ever seen sexier legs. Well, I thought that, until I realized they were yours. Maybe next time you should stay away from the boys. I mean bugs.

Miranda W. said...

Poison oak, Toasty. It was Poison oak.

Katelyn said...

my legs used to look like that (minus the red bumps) and I never got attacked by poison oak.