Wednesday, January 10, 2007

An Extra Special FHE

The YSA here has their FHE on Tuesday nights. Last night the lesson was given by a recently returned missionary who served in Taiwan. He told us about their culture and about buddhism. Then he related it all to finding happiness, and how the whole world's quest is to find happiness. But they can't do it on their own. They're failing. We are so lucky to have this happiness and knowledge. We need to spread it. I had an investigator friend with me last night. She also brought her boyfriend. Everything that was said in the lesson last night was pretty much exactly what I wanted her to know. I was really happy and grateful that we could have that lesson. Trevor disappeared just before the lesson got started. Perhaps to call his roomate and chastise him for not being there? I dunno. He came back about 45 minutes later, right at the end. I was kind of sad he didn't get to hear it so we could discuss it later on. But oh well. He came and sat on my lap (because all the seats were full). He grabbed my hand and started playing with my CTR ring. He took it off the middle finger and slipped it onto my ring finger. He's done this before and he always gives me that "someday" look. I whispered to him to cut it out and quit playin' with me. "Fine," Said he. Then I noticed he put it in his pocket. "Hey!" I whispered. "Give me my ring back! What are you doing?" He whispered "Fine. " And slipped it on my ring finger again. I went to go put it on it's rightful finger, but it wasn't my CTR ring. This one had diamonds. And it was really, really pretty. "What is that?" I whispered. He was grinning ear to ear. "Are you joking? This is a joke. You're kidding. What is that?" All he whispered was "Will you marry me?" I started crying and kissing him and kissing him and crying and kissing him. Somewhere in there I'm sure I said yes. Still, everyone around us is oblivious to what's going on as they make this weeks announcements. Then they realized we were kissing a lot. I started hearing "Hey, you two!" or "Hey! That's innappropriate!" or "Get a room!" I finally found my breath to say "He just proposed to me!" between sobs. Everyone just stared. I don't think they understood. Maybe I didn't speak as clearly as I thought I had. After a few minutes of them just staring, I said "We have an announcement! We're engaged!" Everybody still just stared. I think I heard crickets. Finally it soaked in, and rounds of congratulations were heard all around. Yeah, it was a pretty special FHE.

23 comments:

Christie said...

That's so awesome! Good move Trevor! Congrats! When's the date? I love hearing stories like that, since I got proposed to in a bathroom, but don't worry it was pretty dang sweet! That's so cute! He's definitely a keeper. I'm surprised you kept it that quiet, I definitely couldn't do that!

Anonymous said...

Miranda and Trevor in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

Anonymous said...

miranda!!! what the heck?!? that's so great!! i waunt that!

Anonymous said...

The girl was positively GIDDY when she called me last night. I thought they were already engaged, but it appears it wasn't official. Congrats to Miranda, and good luck to Trevor...

Leah said...

You left out the best part about how he was going to wait til you moved back to Utah, but that ring he just got that day was burning a hole in his pocket and the sudden phone call was to Mom to ask permission and he was so excited he had to do it right away! Sounds like he'll fit in perfectly around here, where I let people open their Christmas presents early because I get too excited.

Miranda W. said...

Yeah, I realized that I left the part of why he disappeared the whole time out. It was to call my mom and ask her permission, but not even she knew he was going to do it that fast. He was so excited. I'm glad he did propose so fast, because if he would have been acting weird like that, I would've figured out that he had a ring. So luckily, I had no idea and it explained why he was so weird. I love him!


Also, we decided on May 18. Leah, you'll be rather fat by then, sucker.

Katelyn said...

What no picture of the ring??

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I had called Trevor right after he hung up with Miranda's mom. He said he had been talking to her for 30 minutes, I'm like...it took you that long to get permission!!!

Anyway, we love ya lots and loved having Miranda here for Christmas. Thanks to Miranda's family for letting her come to California instead of Utah!

Ruth

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations

Sally

Janell R. Cropper said...

Congratulations girl! That's so exciting! Kacey says she's a lot disappointed, because she's putting May 18 as her availability date on her mission papers. Way to go. That's really exciting though!! YAY!! So much fun. I'm with Katelyn...where's the picture of the ring?

Anonymous said...

Well, we gave you every possible opportunity--and reason--to avoid this.

We couldn't be happier!

Welcome to the family!

Love,
Michael
(Trevor's Dad)

Toast Habit said...

thanks for calling and letting me know. Just kidding. I got a movie for Christmas. It was pretty rad. As Nacho would say, "that's pritty dang esiting."

Anonymous said...

Yay Miranda! Janell already delivered my message...you'll have to send me pictures!

Miranda W. said...

Silly Kacey. You'd think after all these years as friends, you'd know the world (still) revolves around me. You better call the prophet and cancel.

Miranda W. said...

PS Thanks for all the congrats. We're really excited and really happy to make it official and start making plans.

Darek said...

I guess I was a little slow on the congrats, but i am very happy for you and wish you the best of luck in everything you do. Thanks for always being there for me. Peace out!!!
Love,
Darek

Anonymous said...

Well Trevor got off easy with 30 minutes. Dylan's took over 2 hours. My girls are great prizes, they survived me. My kids are all I have and I don't give them away very easy. Trevor really loves her if he survived that talk. But what they didn't tell you is the call he made to ask Chris for permission. Oh yeah. Mom

Anonymous said...

You know Trevor's dad left quite a cute message about Miranda getting out of it now...Well Trevor we have many things to let you know about Miranda...you know it is never to late to get it out of it. You can never say that we didn't warn you. Miranda has many hidden talents that you are not aware of and may not see until after the wedding. Just take our word on it...it's not pretty. Get out while you can. Congratulations from the one person that can tell you a lot about Miranda, her favorite Aunt Anna that has the cutest kids in the whole wide world.
P.S. You may want to get to know my little boy Triston (AKA as "Hell on Wheels") and be warned that this is what your children are going to turn out to be like. She watched him the first year of his life and has ruined it for us for the rest of his life.

Miranda W. said...

Hahaha. And I'm proud of it, Anna! He's seen the bagel belly! What more could there be?

Anonymous said...

How could I forget that the world revolves around you Miranda? However...I don't think the whole cancelling thing would go over well...they'd just tell me to forget it.

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo! I'm so excited for you, cousin! I just got my ring in the last few weeks, too, only I've been married for two and a half years. Now it's official.

Garlic Boy said...

When I ask girls to marry me I give them ring pops. That way they can kiss the ring too--and it tastes good!