Monday, January 22, 2007

We can learn something new every day, but some lessons are bigger than others.

Today, I learned for myself what happens when you put foil in the microwave. I have heard about it, but I actually got to see it in real life!

I was making lunch for myself at my boss' house. They put their peanut butter in the fridge, and that makes it hard. I like it really soft, so I thought I'd stick it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. 15 seconds later WEIRD flashy things started happening. I guess there was some leftover foil on the top from the seal. Shhh. Don't tell my bosses.

7 comments:

Christie said...

lol that's freaking awesome!

Janell R. Cropper said...

That's really awesome! Go you!

Anonymous said...

you'd think the plural for bosses would be bossi.

Leah said...

Try this: cut a grape in half, and put it cut side down on a plate. Microwave it for like 40 seconds for some dazzling fireworks!

Leah said...

Wait, that last experiment was flawed. Cut the grape in half, but not all the way through the skin. Place it cut side UP in the middle of the microwave, and nuke it for the 40 seconds. It won't hurt the microwave and it's AWESOME SCIENCE!

Miranda W. said...

Yeah, I've heard that one too, but I heard it does ruin the microwave.

Anonymous said...

Toys with batteries in them make a much better site in the microwave, ask Jason and Curtis. That is why ours was always on top of the fridge, where no little kids can have fun with them. Although it makes for great memories. "Mom, the microwave is on fire, Curtis put a remote control car in and started it up."
Thanks for the memories...
- Mom