Thursday, June 19, 2008

10 Reasons why I fired my OB-GYN and hired a home birth midwife

(in no particular order)


1. I hate him. He's rude and inconsiderate. I feel like the birth is all about him. His standards, his way, his comfort. I feel it should be about me and Trevor. Twice we've sat in the waiting room for 2 hours before they told me "Oh, he's at a scheduled c-section." If it's scheduled, why did they schedule me at the same time? I don't have time to waste like that.


2. He's expensive. Even with insurance, he's WAY WAY more pricey than my midwife.


3. I've hardly even met him. How am I supposed to trust him and be comfortable with him in labor if I've only met his nurses?


4. I don't like being pushed through the system. And that's the way it feels at his office. This isn't a system. This is my body. My family. My life changing. It doesn't feel systematic to me.


5. After doing much research (I will post sites/movies/books later) I found that in all actuality, home birth is by far safer than a hospital birth.


6. Hospitals scare me.


7. Hospitals pressure women into unnecessary procedures. It's just a cycle. First, they lay you down in a very unnatural position for child birth. So your body has a hard time having the baby naturally. Then, because of your position, you're in pain. Epidural. But because of the epidural, your body can't function normally. Pitosin. Do you know how bad pitosin is for your baby? Pitosin mimics a natural hormone called Oxytosin. However, pitosin makes the contractions harder and last longer. Because those contractions are lasting too long, it's cutting off air and blood to your baby, therefore putting your child in danger. And because Pitosin amplifies your contractions, many women opt for another epidural. But now the epidural slows down the process. So you need more pitosin. But now you're not progressing. C-section.


8. Hospitals are for sick, diseased people. If I'm going through a natural, healthy, physiological process, I don't need healing and medicine. My body knows what to do. It'll do it's thing. Plus, I am going into the medical field, and if you only knew all the diseases the infants have gotten in hospitals after birth, you'd steer clear too. I can't tell you how much my pathology classes scare me!


9. Many people think birth at home is dirty. Maybe for some it is. But my home is pretty clean. And besides, anything exhisting in here, I'm breathing in every day. It's getting to my fetus, and she is already developing and immunity to it. So she's prepared for home. You'd take your 48 hour old baby home, but why not your 1 minute old baby? I don't have the kind of superbugs here that hospitals do. Again, hospitals are for sick, diseased people.


10. After touring hospital birthing units, I didn't like the feeling there. Once again it was all about their system. What about my individual needs? I really really didn't like the birthing rooms. Many hospitals require a 72 hour stay. That really isn't necessary. Besides, why would I want to sleep on a twin bed with my husband in an uncomfortable chair (because heaven knows he won't be leaving my side) and my baby on a shelf across the room. I have a much sweeter image in my head of Trevor, Ali, and me just lying in my own familiar bed. Together. A family. Privacy. Beautiful.


11. Trevor and I fell in love with the midwife we have chosen to hire. She's kind. She's natural. She's loving. She doesn't have an oversized ego. And she makes it all about us. What we want. Our needs. She makes this journey fun and exciting. She takes time to calm my nerves and give me advice. I have her cell phone. I can call with anything; no matter how stupid. I didn't have my OB's cell phone. I had to call the office. She wants our birth to be what we want. I can be in the position I want, and she'll just deal with it. And, if Trevor wants to catch the baby, he can. She's just there to help and gently guide. The rest is up to us. No pressure. No system. No epidural. No pitosin. No C-section. All natural.


12. Our midwife is very knowledgable. She knows what she's doing. Midwifes go through almost as much school as doctors (just one year less) and know just as much about what to do (say for hemmoraging) as doctors. Did you know most doctors have never even seen a natural birth? They have no idea what it could be like. They only know what they're trained in.


13. Our midwife puts God back into the equation. Which, I felt, the doctors took away. She believes very much (as do I) that this is a spiritual, and emotional journey for me and my husband together. This, to me, is a right of passage. The ultimate thing a woman can do. I want to experience it in all of its power. She thinks it is very empowering, and very important for a woman to experience. Hospitals take away a lot of the beauty that birth is supposed to be, and many women don't even realize what they've missed out on. It saddens me.


14. The sphincter law. Did you know your labor can actually reverse or delay? Your sphincter (in this case, the cervix) is very much controlled by your mind. Can you pee if someone (besides your spouse, maybe) is watching? What about a room full of people? I know when I have to pee into a cup for certain tests, I have such a hard time going. I just can't make myself pee. Its part of your sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight). If something "endangering" or someone you're not familiar or you're uncomfortable with enters the room, it can actually close or freeze your cervix. Now you don't really realize this is happening, but it is. Now what is happening in hospitals? Nurses are in and out all the time. Maybe one stays with you, but do you know her/him very well? And the doctor only comes when he has to. I meet with my midwife and the people who accompany her at births every appointment. I'm very familiar and comfortable with them. There will be no one unfamiliar rushing in and out of my house. It will totally be a familiar, safe, comfortable environment. Only the people I want there will be there. Thus, enabling my sphincters to do their thing by natural law.


15. I am a woman. My body was built for this. My body knows what to do. I trust my body. I trust my midwife. I trust my husband. I trust God. The feeling I get is that hospitals scare women into thinking they can't do it. Other women scare women into thinking birth is horrible. I refuse to hear it. I refuse to believe it. After reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin, I have found solace to my fears. She believes very much in mind over matter. She teaches of the sphincter law. She doesn't believe contractions hurt. In fact, she doesn't even believe in calling them contractions. She calls them "rushes" as in rushes of energy. She teaches how to ride the waves of rushes. How to welcome them. How to go with them. They are good. As long as you believe that and let go of fear, your labor goes a lot more smoothly. Ina May is a very renowned midwife. I suggest reading up on her and even reading her guide to childbirth. It's a beautiful book. She also teaches you how to release natural hormones naturally. Such as kissing your husband, or certain stimulations release oxytocin naturally. Which sounds much more pleasant to me than injecting me with pitosin. I totally plan on making out with Trevor during labor!

16. As you just read, Trevor gets to be more involved in the labor at home than at a hospital. What does he do at a hospital? Hold my hand? Brush my hair off my forehead? At home, we get to kiss, and he gets to be very involved, including catching our daughter. Why wouldn't I want my daughter to first be in the hands of her loving daddy instead of an egotistical stranger?

17. My mom had 4 very healthy babies (myself included) at home. My sister had 2 very healthy babies (including a 9 1/2 pounder) at home. I have seen that it is safe.

18. When you're trained to see pathologies, you see pathologies. Often times where no real pathology exists. When you make decisions out of fear (of being sued for example) because you might see a pathology, it leads to bad or unnecessary decisions.

19. I can wear (or not wear) whatever makes me comfortable. I can walk around, sit, read, jog, eat, drink, nap, bathe, fold laundry, or whatever else I feel like at home. Though I really don't think some of those things'll come to mind while in labor. It really bugs me that hospitals don't let you eat or drink during labor (in case you need a C-section, your stomach needs to be empty). Your body is doing a lot. It can't be good not to drink water, or juice to help your blood sugar.


Ok, so obviously, I could go on and on. If you need more reasons, or are interested in educating yourself more on this topic, email me.

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you had a heart problem. I wouldn't do a home birth until you have successfully done a hospital one for your safety and the babies!

Leah said...

Go, go, go! Birthing is 90% confidence. I'm glad to see you're not afraid of such a beautiful life process. Is it hard? HECK YES! But everything worthwhile is. I'm proud of you.

Christie said...

That's an awesome thing Miranda! If you're healthy and the baby's healthy and all is well, do it! I've looked up a lot of information on this as well, and I know a lot of women who do that, and it is very natural! I don't trust myself yet with a home birth because I've had so many complications with the pregnancy I need to see how the delivery is going to be before make that decision! If my doctor was so amazingly awesome I would probably have a midwife of some sort... You go!

Anonymous said...

Cool Its me Nicola ( Fugamaboo) We Miss you soo much Nmae you baby herd or galzed doughnut!! those names are way cooler!!

Jessie said...

Wow Miranda. It totally sounds like you have done your research and you make a lot of sense when you say that women were built to have babies. We know what we are doing and if it is safe to have a baby at home with a trained professional, why the heck not??? Good luck to you guys. I wish you all the best. :)

Miranda W. said...

Hey thanks everyone! Could you tell how much I liked my OB?

That's perfectly understandable, Christie. If I were you, I'd be going the same route.

Nicola, how about Herd of Glazed Donuts for a name? I think that's a great name. Just so you know, Trevor and I have discussed both Bonnie and Nicola for a name. But I'm totally loving Herd of Glazed Donuts.

Miranda W. said...

And Jessie, when are you and Dan going to have some? They'd be so dang cute!

Leslie Butler said...

Congratulations on your baby Miranda. That is so exciting. They are so much fun. And thank you for the advice about our milk problem. I really appreciate it. Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

My home birth babies had no jaundice at all but my two hospital birth children had jaundice. The girl I work with used to be a pediatric nurse and said they give the babies vitamins at birth. An overdose of vitamin A or E will shut down the liver. Since they can't test on real humans they do not know the doses, thus the overdose. There are a lot of harmful tests and chemicals they give the baby because they have to treat them all as malnurished drug babies because of law suits.
And girls, do not let them knead your stomach after birth, it causes a lot of complications.
Miranda, good luck. As fast as our family gives birth, your options are having it at home or in the lobby. That's why I had them at home, I didn't want no car or lobby births. - Mom

Janell R. Cropper said...

I definitely give you high five vibes to be able to do that! :) If I hadn't been at the hospital for Steven there was a chance either one of us could have had major problems, cause he was stuck in the birth canal. I had an awesome OB/GYN though. She stayed with me a lot longer than she could have.

Miranda W. said...

That's why I think you should read Ina May's guide to childbirth. She's seen over 3,000 births and has developed natural manuevers for getting a baby unstuck from the birth canal. Most babies get stuck in a hospital anyway b/c you are lying in an unnatural position for childbirth.

Rachel said...

Speaking of Ina May's guide to childbirth... when are you going to pass the book to me?

Anonymous said...

Also read Birthing From Within and Birth Works Child birth classes are really great!

Anonymous said...

Yeah my name is awesome so is bonnies I LIKE PIE!!

Anonymous said...

whats your E mail because i have one now is it mirandatard something something something

Katie said...

I think that's the greatest way to do it, i think that's a great choice. Actually last summer i was watching the baby channel on sat. and they were doing a cover on a mother who was preparing to give birth to her second child and first they discussed her first pregnacy which was aweful for her because she had a very dificult time giving birth. With her first prego- she was in the hospital with a good OB GYN but she was in a lot of pain and she had a failed epideral and the baby got stuck and they ended up putting her under to do a c-section which afterwadrs got babdly infected and she was then off her feet for a whole week before whe could walk because the epideral had knocked her legs completely useless....any way the second birth was amazing i kid you not...I watched the whole thing and she got a mid wife like you who she loved! and when she came to be in labor they just let her get into a large jacuzzi tub full of water and she got to move in whatever ways she wanted to improve comfort and she just very naturally gave birth in the water leaning forward over the wall of the tub. And she was never in any screaming pain and the baby was great! That's when I decided that tha would totally be the way I would want to do it! hat is if I ever get married and can have children..haha we'll see. I hope this doesn't freak you out but brings a little comfort.

Josh and Maddi Andersen said...

Hey Miranda! We are only an hour or 45 min from Penn State! That would be aweseome! Let me know when you plan a trip out so i can see you and your new baby cuz I'm sure by then you will have her!!

Sarah Bauer said...

You don't know me, butI came upon your blog name on mormon-blogs.com, I completely agree with everything you have listed about home birth! I personally just had my second all natural birth at the birthing center in Holladay. I fired my midwife at SL Regional at 33 weeks pregnant to opt out of a hospital birth with my first son, and have loved teh coice every day since. You go girl! And don't let anyone tell you you can't do it. It is mainly in your head, so prep and get ready it will be the most fantastic high you've ever had!

Anonymous said...

If you want to have your babies at home, I think that is cool. But I think that there is a reason infant mortality rates are lower in developed countries where people have access to hospitals. How many mothers and babies used to die in this country when giving "natural" childbirth? Power to you, but I believe hospitals and doctors help people more than they harm them.

Katelyn said...

Good for you! I couldn't do it. I personally am a fan of the epidural and both of my babies were delivered without any problems and they turned out just fine, so I'll continue to do it in the hospital.

Dee said...

my 2 cents worth: I had a water birth in hospital (just in case there were complications) with a midwife and then went right home. I had a OB, but she tried to discourage me from having a water birth (there is a loooong story behind all this, but in the interests of time...) and so I changed to a midwife. At 34 weeks (well actually it was 37 - OB got the dates wrong) I changed midwives again. I needed my birth experience to be special for me, so I did what I needed to to make that happen. Hats off to you, you are making what you want and need happen. I had no drugs, just the water, it was hard, it was sore, but recovered so quick and was so much more relaxed at home. Also my parents in law (who were strenuously opposed to me coming home immediately) could not stop commenting on how calm and peaceful and relaxed their brand new graddaughter was. Sorry, didn't meant to write an epistle, but there you go.

Anonymous said...

This has got to be the funniest blog that you have done yet. When you are talking about something that you have never been through... but yet are telling people like you know everything. It is almost like buying a car from the guy that installs the stereos in them. He know nothing about the car, but he sure will sell it to you. Coming from someone who has had 5 kids, 2 of which were twins that were premies, and all of which were born in a hospital by an OB/GYN, just have a few questions for you. What are you going to do during your 32 week and your water breaks? What are you going to do if that premie needs to be life flighted immediately to Primary Children's Hospital? What if the cord is wrapped around her neck 3 times and you have no idea until she is almost out? And tell me, if doctors don't deliver "Natural births" then what are they... "artificial". That is the part that made me laugh the most. EVERY BIRTH is natural, whether you have your child at home or in the hospital. Trevor I sure hope you hold Miranda to the "Making" out part during labor, because the last thing that you want to be doing while you are in labor is to have someone kissing you. I had all of my children naturally, without any epidural, but I made sure that I was in the hospital for the "just in case" situations. This is just funny coming from a person that couldn't even handle her period pain each month and now you are going to experience the worst possible pain... while making out with Trevor. Hey, thanks for the great laugh, I hope you let us know your TRUE feelings when it really happens. Good Luck!

Miranda W. said...

Dear Geraldo, did you know of all the developed countries, the US is the only one that does the majority of births in hospitals? AND the US has the 2nd highest infant and mother mortality rate. In other developed countries over 70% of births are with midwives. IN the US, under 8% are with midwives. So why is our mortality rate actually higher of all the developed countries?

To the other strangers (haha) thank you for your comments! I always welcome new opinions and new people! Thanks for your support!

Miranda W. said...

Anonymous, you make me laugh. First, no real guts in showing who you are. Second, I only had one period I really had a hard time with. Cramps suck, yeah, but I handled mine just fine. My period wasn't that bad. I'm sorry you had preemies and a complicated pregnancy. That is hard stuff. But I'm healthy, I'm a low risk, so there's really no reason why I feel concerned about having a home birth. If I had high risk factors, there would be anxiety. But also given my location, I have 4 hospitals all less than 10 min from my home. So, I could drive there to the hospital in the same time the helicopter made it to the hospital. So by "every birth is natural" are you including c-sections as well? I don't remember God making it that way. Anyway, I was just saying that with all the research I've done and all the people I've talked to, I really feel comfortable with having this baby at home. And if you know me and Trevor at all, we love kissing!

Miranda W. said...

Also anon, I forgot to mention you do have a very valid point. I do often (if not always) act like I know everything. Perhaps I'm (once again) over confident. I do that a lot. But I'm working on it. But I do feel very comfortable and right in our decision. As does Trevor.

Anonymous said...

Beware.....myself and I know many women who were NOT high risk that had their water break at 32 weeks for no reason, that instantly became a mother of a premie baby that needed instant care in the newborn ICU. I hope everything goes great with your pregnancy, just be ready for anything. Just one more thing.... I didn't know that God left the minute you walked into a hospital. I know from all my experiences, my OB/GYN who is a Stake President prayed before he entered our room, my husband gave me a blessing and each or our children after they were born and I can tell you... God was holding my hand the whole time. God does not only attend to those who have their babies at home, he does attend those who choose to have their babies in the hospital too.

Miranda W. said...

I didn't say he didn't. I didn't say all OBs were like that. That's just why I fired mine. So when your water broke at 32 weeks, what did you do? Did you rush to a hospital? Why didn't you just live at the hospital, you know "in case" I didn't say I wouldn't go to a hospital under any circumstances. I'd do the same thing you did. Rush to the hospital, obviously if its way too early. And if my trained, professional midwife sees there is something wrong, we will go to a hospital. But that will be a last resort.

Katelyn said...

Wow, you get some pretty heated discussions here on your blog. Although, I think people are getting defensive because it kind of sounds like you are saying that anyone who has their baby in the hospital (at least with pain medication) is just weak and insignificant.

Miranda W. said...

One thing on the documentary "The business of being born" that really started all this was they said "How many people in America go out and research a car? Or a videocamera? But how many people really research birth of their children? So many people just go to a hospital without thinking about other alternatives." I remember hearing that and it stabbed me in the gut. That's what started it all.

Michelle said...

I personally think it's great you have made this decision. People laughed at me when I decided that I wanted to have a drug free child birth the second time around. But I knew I could do it. And I knew that was the best choice for me and my baby. So good on ya. However, your post did kind of bash on hospitals and doctors based on your experience with one OB/GYN. (as a side note, If you feel so negatively about dr's, I am curious as to why you are going into the medical field).

You said, "Our midwife puts God back into the equation. Which, I felt, the doctors took away." You lump ALL dr's in that statement. I delivered both babies in a hospital one medicated, one not medicated. Both Dr.s totally supported my decisions and were WONDERFUL and BOTH births were extremely spiritual experiences for me. Even in a hospital. I actually cringe at the term "Natural Childbirth". Like metioned in a previous comment, every birth is natural. Weather it's at home or in the hospital, medicated or unmedicated. It can be a beautiful, spiritual experience no matter where you are.

"Hospitals pressure women into unnecessary procedures. It's just a cycle." Hospitals do not pressure women into unnecessary procedures. Do some doctors. Yes. But NOT ALL DOCTORS! It's all about finding someone, be it a dr. or midwife, who is on the same page and who you click with. It isn't fair to say, "hospitals bad, home good." Because that is not always the case.

"First, they lay you down in a very unnatural position for child birth. So your body has a hard time having the baby naturally." Contrary to popular belief, they no longer have you lay flat on your back. You are sitting up and gravity is working with you. "Then because of your position you are in pain". You are in no more pain than you would be in any other possition. I labored at home. I didn't go to the hospital until I was ready to push. (I live just down the street.) I labored in a tub, on all 4's on the yoga ball, you name it, I was there. It's uncomfortable no matter what possition you are in. "Because of your epidural, your body can't function normally". This most often NOT the case. Do people sometimes have issues when they have an epi, sure. But it's not as common as some people would lead you to believe.

"I am going into the medical field, and if you only knew all the diseases the infants have gotten in hospitals after birth, you'd steer clear too." My husband (4th year medical student)just read that part and laughed. Any diseases a baby might possibly get are diseases that typically only a premature baby would get after spending so much time in the NICU. (still, so NOT common) And if it weren't for the hospital in the first place, that baby wouldn't have survived at all.

"Hospitals take away a lot of the beauty that birth is supposed to be, and many women don't even realize what they've missed out on." How would anyone really even know that? Especially someone who hasn't experienced child birth yet. Unless you are there having the experience yourself, you cannot possibly know that!! You're taking someone elses word on that. That statment is based on someones opinion that is not even your own.

Just as hospitals scare you, some people would be to scared to give birth at home. Thus making it a very unrelaxed, negative experience and in that way miss out on the beauty that child birth should be. So, for them, feeling and BEING safe in a hospital environment(yes, despite what you may believe, hospitals are safe places to be) would enhance thier experience. It's all about your state of mind.

Okay, I could go on, but it's late and I need to go to bed. I don't think you meant to belittle other peoples wonderful experiences of child birth by your comments, but you did. I think it's wonderful that you are choosing to do this. You are doing what feel right to you. Just beware of generalizing any other method of child birth as bad. What works best for one, may not work so well for another. We each have different needs. Those needs are not met in the same way. We don't all fit into one mold. :) Anyhoo...I wish you well with the birth of your little one. I am sure it will be a wonderful experience for you.

Anonymous said...

I normally would not jump in the middle of this, but I just want to give you something to think about. Beings how I am part of the family, we do have something in common. You are taking examples from your mom and your sister, and that is probably what you should do, BUT you are not always like your mom or your sisters. Take your family for example. Gaylene's pregnancy was totally different from mine, Lorie didn't feel ANY pain what so ever, so she didn't even know when her contractions were coming, and grandma Jake's pregnancies were completely different from mine. The only thing that we had in common were that we all went FAST! You even look at Shellie's recent delivery and it was completely different from Lorie's. Even to compare my own pregnancies, having 3 of them.... They were ALL different. Different in the way I was sick, deliveries and the length of each. I was surprised on each one of them. You can not compare yourself to any one. You will be different in some way. You don't know if you are a High Risk... it is too early to tell. You won't know that you are not a high risk until that precious little girl is in your arms and then you can look back and say "Yes" I was a low risk. We wish you the very best with all of your decisions and pray that all will go well. Love Ya... your Aunt Anna

Caty said...

Hey, this is Caty (Katie Gamma) from the New York, Palmyra Pageant like... two years ago. I came with Katie Alpha. Anyway, this was very enlightening! It's given me a new perspective and it's funny, but women don't really think home births are an option, sad! I hope it goes well and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Christie said...

So I think this all goes to show... everyone is different! From the smallest of things to the greatest of things! It does us no good to compare ourselves to others. We all have our own opinions and that is great, we can all argue for days about this topic, because heaven knows, people do! But we all need to know that we can only judge ourselves by our own bodies and what we each experience. Even if we are like someone we know, it still isn't the same experience, and it is important to look out there and see all the options. I agree that there are a lot of opinions out there and a lot of options, but it is never good to listen to only one. I've watched that documentary, and I was very much impressed with what it had to say, but when watching things like that it is also important to remember that it is a persuasive type of work. It gives great information that we can each use, but it's also important to get side B of the story. It's good you're doing what you want to do, and it's good that others are doing what they want to do and what they like. No one way is the right way! That goes for EVERYONE! And people should go out there and get informed, but it's up to them.

Miranda W. said...

I didn't mean to belittle opinions or specific doctors. Perhaps I did over generalize. But my fans (haha jk. My readers) have to remember that this is my blog and my opinion and all opinions are biased to some degree (over generalizing again?). I'm just stating why I made my decision based on my experiences, interviews, and research. I know in my family history, the babies come FAST, but I'm still keeping mostly in my mind that the average labor is 20 hours. That's average, so it could be more, could be less. But that's what I'm planning. If I do happen to get the blessing of fast labors as my family has, I'll be glad. I know it's not pain free, but I can certainly not focus on that. Many many valid points. I'm glad I did this post. It makes me think and consider other things. Trevor isn't glad I did this post. I think too much...out loud....at night...when he's trying to sleep. But I apologize. I didn't mean to make you sound like bad people for having hospital births. You gotta do what's great for you. I'm just telling you my biased opinion on why I came to my decision. Just so you know, Trev thinks I was harsh too. Sometimes I wonder what made him come to this decision...Perhaps I'll think some more out loud while he's falling asleep...

Jessie said...

Wow so many comments from peeps about your posting. :) Don't worry Miranda...you have every right to discuss what you want,how you want,on YOUR blog. Did you generalize at times? yes, but who cares...they are your feelings and like you said, if you and Trevor feel comfortable about it more power to you guys :)

And Dan and I are hoping to pop some little ones out soon :)

Miranda W. said...

And that's why I like Jessie Adams! I have an ego!

Anonymous said...

Actually most women, when they find out they are pregnant, spend the whole pregnancy reading up about what to expect, what's happening each day with the baby and exploring their options about labor and giving birth. I'm sure not all women do that, but most are excited about being pregnant and like to know what's going on.

Miranda W. said...

Oh believe me, I do that too. I'm obsessed with my baby!

Anonymous said...

Miranda! I'm so happy that you're pregnant! That's really super duper awesome and exciting! Danny and I just got married last month and are living in Cambridge. We'll be back to Utah in August.

I totally support your decision to have your baby at home. Your arguments were very compelling and well-thought out. Very persuasive. I am not pregnant yet, but when I will be (timing??? No idea.) I will have to come back and read this post, and the books recommended by you and the other bloggers.

Also, congrats on having such a wicked popular blog!

Anonymous said...

It's been a long time since I had a math class, but I'm pretty sure 19 is more than 10. That said, you do what is right for you. Nobody else's opinion matters here but yours and Trevor's.

And the important people like you. Even love you.

Obessa cantavit.

Rachel said...

Don't listen to anyone Miranda! Do what you feel best about! I wish you all the best with your baby girl. Good luck with a healthy beautiful girl! P.S I hope you remember me..Rachel Cazier. I always thought you should shave your legs!

Miranda W. said...

haha thanks rachel! I never listened to anyone about shaving my legs and I won't be listening here! you know i am too stubborn!

Mark and Audrey said...

Wow this was really cool to read! I loved it! -audrey

Cheltz said...

Good for you! After you do this you'll feel so good about yourself, and it will show in your mothering! I love finding women who make their own choices, and aren't paralyzed by fear.

P.S. Blessings right before/during labor are awesome (and so easy to do at home)!