Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm a handywoman!


Last night, our toilet got clogged. I plunged and plunged until I couldn't plunge anymore! I finally decided to let it sit over night. Maybe the clog would soak and soften and be easier in the morning. When morning comes, nothing has changed. I plunge and plunge, but to no use. I decided to go back to bed and worry about it when I was more awake. I looked at the toilet from our bedroom only to realize that now water was coming back up! Our bathroom was flooded and it was starting to seep into the carpet in the hall! Aaaah! Trevor starts saying we should call the landlord. But we'd have to foot the plumbing bill, and we just can't afford that right now. Then he says to call my brother, who is a plumber. But it's so early in the morning AND it's Jason's birthday today (Happy Birthday Big Brother). Who wants a poop call on their birthday? Instead, I remembered reading about a website that has thrifty ways of fixing things. I found it, and a few squirts of dishsoap and pots of boiling water later, our toilet is flushing beautifully! Cost: 10 cents. Pride of fixing something and actually being handy:Priceless.
Also, Happy Birthday to Cindy Lou too!

2 comments:

Alecia said...

hey miranda, cute blog! How are you?!? Congrats on the baby!! That's so awesome! And you are having a girl- NO ONE i know has girls! oh and congrats on fixing the toilet! That is something to be proud about!take care.
-alecia talbot (used to be gentry)

Anonymous said...

okay did unclog it