Friday, September 05, 2008

This year's mountain man rendezvous






This is basically what it looks like throughout the camp. Authentic pioneer-like tents and teepees.













Typical Camp. Everyone dresses up.
Including the little ones.

























This is where Trevor works the entire weekend. I help a little bit if someone needs a break, or for food runs. It's the Camp Canteen Bison Brew root beer stand. Some of the best home made root beer and cream soda ever!











View from behind the counter, as Shantel sets up.






How root beer is made the pioneer way.





Our collectible jug.













I went too crazy and had to see Trevor. I just couldn't stand one more night without him, so I made it to Wyoming on Sunday morning and stayed with him until Monday night. And now, some candids.

3 comments:

Tio Bruno said...

I'm pretty sure the pioneers didn't use Igloo coolers and dry ice to brew root beer. Your grandfather used to make some real good homemade brew years ago. So did my grandfather. Save me a bottle of cream soda...

Miranda W. said...

Next year....we're already long gone.

Anonymous said...

fun fun fun!!!!