Saturday, October 18, 2008

Greetings from the Potato State

We're at my in-laws for the weekend. A well needed rest. With my internship, I never had a weekend off. It's nice to have weekends again. It's nice to have a life again. I graduated! I'll have pictures of that too. And of this weekend. We've got some funny ones. I just want everyone to drive safe. We witnessed a very bad accident (that we narrowly missed) which involved a moose (yeah, a moose) and a small car. Two college girls hit it, and the passenger died instantly. Trevor and I have never been there where someone died. I didn't get out of the car (I just can't handle stuff like that, and there were enough cars pulled over that they didn't need my help) but Trevor did. He checked her pulse and knew she was gone. Then he kept the driver alert and asked her lots of questions and kept blankets around her. We were in the middle of nowhere (Idaho, remember?) so it took sometime for an ambulance or anything to come. Very scary when minutes could mean everything. Trev said the driver seemed okay and not majorly hurt, but you never know if someone is internally bleeding or something. Luckily, the moose died on impact. But we're both pretty stunned. It's amazing how much life can change just like that. So, if you're a praying person, keep the girls and their families in there. It was just so sad with them being so young -our age- and we were very fortunate to see the moose in time to stop.


Also, we don't have the internet, so posts will once again be few and far between. But on the positive side, my midwife says I've dropped. She moved up the appointment to set up for the birth because she worried we don't have as much time as she thought. I'm full term in two days, so really, it's any day now. Just a matter of time.

1 comment:

Kari said...

How scary, and sad! I'm glad it wasn't you guys, but how awful for those poor girls. What part of Idaho are you in, my in laws are up there too.
I heard your having your baby at home, who is your midwife? I'm looking for one right now, email me kari_bryan@hotmail.com