Friday, May 01, 2009

Texas

Here's the problem with pictures. Right now we use the computer in the clubhouse, so I can't download any pictures to this computer since it's very public. But I will tell you about Texas so far.

It is very hot and very humid, but most of all, it's windy. The wind never ends, and I'm told it never will. In some ways it's very annoying. In others, it's better than stagnant humidity. At least there's air blowing around. It's no bueno for hair. I'm trying to convince Trev to let me shave my head. So far a no go. But I can't help but wonder what he'd do if he came home and my hair was gone. He claims he'd leave me. I guess we'll never know.

The apartment is very spacious. Walk in closets in both rooms. A much bigger kitchen with a dishwasher AND a pantry! And thank goodness for both because I have agreed to cook for 11 of the APX guys out here. If any of y'all have good easy recipes, email 'em my way! I really need ideas! We also have 2 bathrooms. Which isn't really necessary, but we do use one for hanging our swimsuits/towels to dry, and the master bathroom is for everything else.

There is a club house in the centerish part. It's got a tv room, an office center with computers, printers, etc., a gym, and a beautiful outdoor pool. I love working out every morning and swimming every afternoon. Allie loves the water.

Allie as also more tan than I am. And I sunbathe whenever Trevor can take her! Allie also has a farmers tan already! I think it's pretty funny.

2 downsides. 1) electric stove. I miss our old gas one! 2) I can't remember. haha.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying your Texas experience for the most part. Up here in North Texas, it is nice and not humid. Your apartment sounds identical to ours!

Natalie Jane said...

Alli will always be more tan than you. You have the same skin I do, that gets sun bleached instead sun tanned.

JaMiEj said...

Oh I didn't know you were selling with apx. Jon and I did that two summers. Good luck!