Thursday, February 24, 2011

The City Museum


This is the City Museum! It is one of the funnest places I've ever been to. We had so much fun, we barely took any pictures. We took zero in the caves, which is my favorite section. It has a 10 story slide (I giggle like a little girl the whole way down), and a million little tunnels to crawl through. It's also a favorite because it is mostly dark, and Trevor and I like to pop out of the tunnels and scare the living daylights out of people. It's hilarious. The room we have the most pictures of is my favorite too. It's so beautiful and will be some inspiration for my house in the future. I'm going to have a white ceiling like that. Inside the white ceiling, you can see bubbles. That's because all throughout the ceiling is the McDonald's playplace tubing that you can crawl through and discover new things. The first visit, we went with our neighbors Tristan and Tiffany. Tiffany and I would watch the kids while the guys ran off and played. Then they'd come back and we'd get to run off and play. We discovered very narrow tunnels and holes we could barely squeeze through. We went home and put the kids to bed and got a sitter and went back to play some more. We would take the guys to some of the really tight squeezes we could barely get through, and laugh our heads off as we watched them try to get their broad shoulders through.

Another inspiration for my home was the sponge room. I want one. Building blocks are expensive and they hurt when thrown at your face. But sponges? I figured if I buy a package or two every time I go grocery shopping, it'd add up eventually. And I can put them in a vacuum space saver bag and store them easily. I want one of those rooms.

Another wonderful attraction was the worst juggler ever. If you look at the picture with him and Trevor and Allie, you'll notice his right wrist is wrapped in some cloth. He cut a pretty good sized gash in it while juggling machetes. There was a lot of blood. It was great. But I was impressed that he didn't stop the show. I kinda wished he would have.




















My only real complaint about the museum, is that you crawl around so much that your knees are black and blue. So, when I took my friend Katie a few weeks later, we taped socks to our knees. It worked like a charm!The slide in this video starts on the third floor and ends on the first floor. It's a blast and you can get going really fast. I highly recommend it.



No comments: