Monday, June 06, 2011

Mikey Can Walk This Earth

First, it started with his dinosaur he got from Grandma and Grandpa for his first birthday. He loves it and uses it all the time.





Next came some help from Daddy and Allie. But mostly Allie, I'm sure. They loved walking around like this. (I'm not so sure Mikey did. Allie tends to drag him around more. She seems so eager to get him walking.)
Next, he decided to finally take the big leap. Trevor and I had been trying to get him to take his first steps for weeks and he refused. If he saw us get a few feet apart and "assume the position," he'd automatically get jelly legs and flop to the ground. There was no way we were going to make him and he meant it. One day at our friend Alpha's house on May 4th, I was sitting on the floor and he had pulled himself up on an end table. I wasn't paying any attention to him, but suddenly he started walking towards me. I tried to show Trevor, but Mikey would get so excited that he'd stiffen up his whole body and fall over. It was a few days before Trev got to see.



This was Mikey today. One month and two days after first steps. He loves to practice. Loves it. He loves going back and forth between Trevor and I. He doesn't love going between the couch and I as much, but he'll do it anyway.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I love when he almost reaches you and just lunges forward. He's pretty much the cutest. Happy birthday, little man!