Monday, March 27, 2006

Snorkeling!

Snorkeling, bar none, was my favorite! It started as a "glass bottom boat ride," but the "glass bottom" was a little glass panel on the very edge that was half covered in moss or something. And it smelled over there, so I was sorely disappointed. About an hour out to sea, we stopped at a large reef and went snorkeling.
When your head was above water, you would have no idea about all the life going on below you. I saw so many tropical fish! I'll tell you of the most exciting instances, though. One time, Sarah and I were above talking about a "Dori" fish that was mosying along the reef. This guy grabbed my fin and was frantically pointing down. When I went under, there was this HUGE green eel right below me. He was longer than I was! Sarah freaked and swam away. I followed him, until he went under a rock. Then I imagined him popping out at me or something so I swam away (rather quickly).

Another time (and this is most exciting of all) Sarah and I were once again above water talking about what we had just seen. We went back under and saw a three foot long barracuda right in between us. Face to face! Sarah screamed and swam away. I looked up to check on her, looked back down, and he was gone. Just like that. It happened so quickly. I wanted him to come back so I could get a better look.

Snorkeling was fo sho my favorite of all.

4 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

Snorkling looks f-u-n Fun!

Anonymous said...

too bad you didn't have an underwater camera!

Anonymous said...

You should try SCUBA sometime.

Miranda W. said...

I want to scuba! That would be SO fun. I wished I had a camera too.