Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A bit about Ali


Today, I had a midwife's appointment. She asked me all about Ali. Ali is very wiggly. She also does not like being squished. If I slouch, have my stomach or bladder too full, hug Trevor too tight, or anything else, she goes crazy. Trevor likes to hug me tight just to feel her kick him. I also told Richelle (my midwife) how Trevor likes to tease us with an ice cube. He'll put it on by belly when she is hurting me and she moves really fast. He thinks its the funniest thing ever. Teasing two birds with one stone.
Well, then I had to lay down so Richelle could feel how she's sitting and her position and check her heart beat. Ali got more wiggly with all the poking and prodding. Then when Richelle would put the doppler (pictured) on my belly and poke it in to hear her heartbeat, Ali would kick or punch right where it was at. She did it for a long time. It took forever for Richelle to finally get it without interruption (of course I was laughing too, so that didn't help). All I could say was "I told you, she's fiesty already!" And she'll have to be with the parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins that she's got. She'll hold her own.

2 comments:

Theron & Melissa said...

Oh aren't you lucky! It's a good thing you have fiest too, maybe you'll be able to tame her a bit with your experience!

Miranda W. said...

Ha! We'll see.