Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Closing Chapter

Today is our last day in our Idaho chapter. 5th state in 4 years of our relationship. Apparently we like to move. I have to say I'm really relieved to finally close this chapter. It was a really rough, but good one. Our Utah and Texas chapters knocked us off our feet and we had some really hard times. I wouldn't say we hit rock bottom, but it was probably a sandy bottom with lots of annoying pebbles with some sharp points and broken glass once in a while. But it could've been a lot worse. Idaho was good. We got back on our feet, but it sure was a lot of hard work to get there. This year has left me feeling exhausted but overall happy. We're doing much better than we were when we arrived, so I can't complain. We did it and we lived through it and we came out on top. So in the morning, we move on to conquer our next mountain. I know it's going to have a lot of challenges too, but I can't wait to overcome them with my best friend. Sorry there's no pictures of my kids on this post. I made Trevor promise this next mountain will have the internet so I can post more often and watch our nieces and nephews grow from the computer screen. And curse you Lucy for not coming while I was around. You'll probably come tomorrow after I leave. But I love you anyway. Especially if you have curls like Nash.

No comments: