Friday, October 21, 2011

Maya Grace has arrived!

Maya Grace was 4 days overdue, but she finally decided to come meet us on Oct 17th. She weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 20.5 inches long. I went into labor at 7:59 am and had her three hours later at 10:58. It was a long labor. Longer than her older siblings combined. I'm kind of thankful for it though, since I was so worried about making it to the hospital and I went into labor during rush hour. So, I suppose three long hours was a blessing, but we still would've had plenty of time if it would've been half that long. I didn't know I could scream like that on the last push. I bet the whole hospital heard me. ha ha! But once she came out, she let out a few wails and calmed right down. And that's how she is. She's mostly calm, she'll cry to let you know she needs something, and then she calms down. Unless you take too long. She's already a heavy sleeper.



Mikey and Allie can be screaming their lungs out, and she doesn't even flinch.










We chose to be surprised on knowing the gender, but I wasn't surprised when Trevor announced that we had a girl! The pregnancy was just like Allie's, so I was pretty certain she was a girl. Trevor and I had not been able to agree on any name. Not one single one. I was voting for June, and he liked London. Neither of us would budge. We'd suggest other names but the other would dislike it even more. Finally, we basically quit discussing names and hoped one would come to us once we saw the gender and the face. Not long after she was born, Trevor stared at her for a while and suggested Maya. That name had never crossed either of our minds. It never came up in discussion, but as soon as he said it, I knew that was what she was supposed to be called. She looked like a Maya to me. We had some trouble picking out a middle name, but Grace also felt very right and true to her. We are so very in love with our newest member of our family. Allie loves her sister and constantly wants to help wrap her in blankets and put hats on. Mikey likes to kiss her, but he's not sure what to do with her if she makes any sort of noise, and he gets bored with her quickly. He wants her out of the way so he can play. ha ha. She'll be more fun to him someday, maybe. Happy Birthday Maya, and welcome to the world!

5 comments:

Katelyn said...

Congratulations on another beautiful baby! She is so sweet.

Jennica said...

Adorable! I love the pic of Allie and you in the bed. So cute, and can I just say she is still as gorgeous as ever? You guys are in trouble now with 2 gorgeous girls in that house! Ha

Leah said...

I'm still going to call her Maya Leah, you know that right? I'm stubborn, and maybe I'll make her turn out as stubborn as me. And 3 hours... you poor thing. I'm so sorry!

Miranda W. said...

Maya Leah was in close running. Trevor really liked it. We put it to a vote with our parents. Mom is the only one that voted for Leah. Dad and Trevor's parents voted Grace.

Mother_Hen_Alms said...

So dang cute! LOVE